Defined vs. Empirical Cookies

  • John Brewer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2002
      I just realized that the Tollhouse(tm) cookie recipe demonstrates both
      defined an empirical processes:

      Defined: "BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes"

      Empirical: "or until golden brown."

      John Brewer
      Jera Design

      Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
    • Mike Cohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2002

        And if you think about it the chocolate chips are fairly self-organizing. I’ve always been surprised that I never cook a batch and end up with a cookie without any chocolate chips in it.