Re: Help Wanted: What makes projects fail?

  • Paul Oldfield
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
      (responding to Peter)

      > > Why fail? See my paper...
      > > http://www.waterfal l2006.com/ oldfield. html
      > > <http://www.waterfall2006.com/oldfield.html>
      > >
      > Gee, I guess I should have called this your favorite "success" ;-)
      >
      > Cheers and happy April fools,

      On a more serious note, I can recommend the book "Assessment
      and Control of Software Risk" by Capers Jones who has done a
      lot of research on why projects fail. The book is over a
      decade old, but projects still fail for the same reasons
      (will we ever learn???).

      Paul Oldfield
    • srinivas chillara
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2008
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I need your help: I'm working on a talk about why
        > projects fail and how to
        > prevent failure.

        Projects don't fail, people do.
        People fail to score the project goal.