Re: The Nokia Test

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi,

      I wanted to make the Nokia Test visible again.

      One of the first things to say is "Agile is more a way of thinking,
      than a set of practices".

      From a certain point of view, I might seem to be contradicting myself.
      But it is wiser to hold two contradictory ideas in one's mind at the
      same time. More like reality. It is the tension between them that
      will help us learn.

      I would advocate the Nokia Test over other similar things, partly
      because it is from an external company (eg, not Scrum Alliance), who,
      for unbiased reasons, found it useful. (eg, It cannot be viewed as a
      "religious" test.)

      I think it is useful as a starter for the conversation about "are we
      letting ourselves do Cowboy Agile? Or are we letting ourselves do
      Agilefall? Are we really getting the juice from Scrum that we are
      capable of today?"

      Also, I have just added to a series of blog posts on The Nokia Test,
      here: http://agileconsortium.blogspot.com/ Your comments are welcome.

      Regards, Joe

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Little"

      http://www.scrumalliance.org/articles/41-am-i-or-am-i-not-using-scrum-that-is-the-question