RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum history

  • Ken Schwaber
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 9, 2002
      In the preface they make reference to rugby and passing the ball around, but
      I don't think there are any more specific references to scrums
      Ken

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 15, 2002
        Mike,
        Thanks for the references. (I've not had the time to look them up until now).

        I'll try finding the "original" article.

        Jonas
        >> To my knowledge, Scrum was first documented by Hirotaka Takeuchi and
        >> Ikujiro Nonaka in 1986 in Harvard Business Review (Jan/Feb issue)
        >
        >I just got the book "The knowledge-creating company" by Takeuchi and
        Nonaka.
        >Are there any references to Scrum within that book? (I can't find it in the

        Jonas:

        There might be more references but here are some:

              pgs. 78 (figure 3.7),
              81 (middle of the page),
              210, 211 (Rugby and "American Football")
              255 (actual reference),
              etc.

        - Mike
        http://www.livingmetaphor.org