Re: [scrumdevelopment] Online CSM training

  • Vikrama Dhiman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi Anu:

      CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises [at least that was what our group did].

      If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at www.goodagile.com

      Thanks

      ckanair <CKANAIR@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
      certification similar to PMP Prep training options?

      Cheers
      Anu

    • ckanair
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Vikrama,
        The PMP courses also typically involve group exercises and live
        examples however having a online training option while compromising
        on some of the real time interaction, provides flexibility and cost
        benefits.
        I am based in Australia and scrum training sessions are held at a
        location convenient to me (which happens to be Melbourne) only once
        in 5-6 months!

        Regards
        Anu
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Vikrama Dhiman
        <vickydhiman@...> wrote:

        > Hi Anu:
        >
        > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
        theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
        [at least that was what our group did].

        > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
        www.goodagile.com

        > Thanks
        >
        > ckanair <CKANAIR@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
        > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Anu
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

      • Vikrama Dhiman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2008
          Wow! Thats news.

          All I can say is wait for your chance. I don't see how a current CSM course design would adapt itself to an online module at all.

          Thanks

          <vickydhiman@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi Anu:
          >
          > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
          theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
          [at least that was what our group did].

          > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
          www.goodagile. com

          > Thanks
          >
          > ckanair <CKANAIR@... > wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
          > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Anu
          >

          > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of
          Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

        • Mark Levison
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
            I might also add that I know more than a few CST's who would give their eye tooth for the chance to deliver training in Melbourne. Find a few others who're interested in the training and you can probably make it worth someone's while.

            Mark

            <vickydhiman@...> wrote:

            > Hi Anu:
            >
            > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
            theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
            [at least that was what our group did].

            > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
            www.goodagile.com

            > Thanks
            >
            > ckanair <CKANAIR@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
            > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
            >
            > Cheers
            > Anu

            Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

            One Year of Scrum: Lessons Learned
            http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/10/one-year-of-scr.html
            Aperture vs. Lightroom - best comparisons
            http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/02/aperture_vs_lig.html
            Customer Retention Department - Vonage Customer Service Sucks
            http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/06/customer_retent.html