Re: [scrumdevelopment] QA book question

  • srinivas chillara
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 7:16 AM
      I assume you mean Testing when you say QA.
      No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check Brian
      Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
      You will surely benefit.
      Also you can ask your specific questions here or
      offline ceezone@...
      I might be able to help you.

      Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

      "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers

      This covers how testers can contribute to
      cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
      activities and provide leads to the team on developing
      great software.

      cheers
      Cheenie

      > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
      > anyone here read
      > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
      > can recommend it?
      >
      > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
      >

      > Thanks
      > Dmitry

      Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
    • Rodney Wynn
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 9:11 AM
        this is a bad assumption
        there is a major difference between QA and Testing.

        offline ceezone@yahoo. co.in
        I might be able to help you.

        Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

        "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers

        This covers how testers can contribute to
        cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
        activities and provide leads to the team on developing
        great software.

        cheers
        Cheenie

        > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
        > anyone here read
        > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
        > can recommend it?
        >
        > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
        >

        > Thanks
        > Dmitry

        Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

      • Jaideep Khanduja
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 9:35 PM

          I agree to it completely. QA and testing are two separate entities. Testing starts right at the time of business study or rather prior to that and happens at every micro-stage of the project. QA is a wider and broader aspect with testing as one subset of it total scope of functioning. Testing is not purely QA’s baby.

          Best Regards,

          Jaideep

          ___________________________________

          Thought of the day:  "If you believe that you know the requirements better than the customer, you are part of the problem, not the solution."

          -Alan M. Davis

          ___________________________________

          P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

          srinivas chillara <ceezone@yahoo. co.in> wrote:

          I assume you mean Testing when you say QA.
          No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check Brian
          Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
          You will surely benefit.
          Also you can ask your specific questions here or
          offline ceezone@yahoo. co.in
          I might be able to help you.

          Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

          "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers

          This covers how testers can contribute to
          cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
          activities and provide leads to the team on developing
          great software.

          cheers
          Cheenie

          > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
          > anyone here read
          > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
          > can recommend it?
          >
          > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
          >

          > Thanks
          > Dmitry

          Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

          Confidentiality Notice:

          The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at admin@... immediately and destroy all the copies of this message and any attachments

        • srinivas chillara
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 9:37 PM
            The vast majority of people in our industry mean
            testing (or tester), when they say QA.

            That does not mean they are right, but it is so,
            therefore I've made that assumption, not because I am
            unaware of the difference.

            > this is a bad assumption
            > there is a major difference between QA and Testing.
            >

            > srinivas chillara <ceezone@...> wrote:
            > I assume you mean Testing when
            > you say QA.
            > No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check
            > Brian
            > Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
            > You will surely benefit.
            > Also you can ask your specific questions here or
            > offline ceezone@...
            > I might be able to help you.
            >
            > Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:
            >
            > "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B.
            > Uggers
            >
            > This covers how testers can contribute to
            > cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
            > activities and provide leads to the team on
            > developing
            > great software.
            >
            > cheers
            > Cheenie
            >
            > > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but
            > has
            > > anyone here read
            > > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance"
            > and
            > > can recommend it?
            > >
            > > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
            > >

            > > Thanks
            > > Dmitry
            > >

            > Save all your chat conversations. Find them online
            > at
            > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one
            > month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

            5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
          • Rodney Wynn
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3 5:23 AM
              I ask you then to please not spread the confusion and use the terms "QA" and testing correctly.
              Don't add to the confusion simply to "drink the kool aid"

              As you can see this is a "pet peeve" of mine.  People confuse the two different "arts" enough without hearing "QA" state the misconception.

              Not banging on you personally just asking this forum to help stop the confusion

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3 10:24 PM
                > I ask you then to please not spread the confusion
                > and use the terms "QA" and testing correctly.
                > Don't add to the confusion simply to "drink the kool
                > aid"
                >
                > As you can see this is a "pet peeve" of mine.
                > People confuse the two different "arts" enough
                > without hearing "QA" state the misconception.
                >
                > Not banging on you personally just asking this forum
                > to help stop the confusion

                Point taken.
                Actually it is my bugbear as well... but I got tired
                of pointing it out, and all I said (rashly
                ofcourse)is: "I assume..."
                cheers
                Srinivas

                Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/