Online CSM training

  • ckanair
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi,
      Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
      certification similar to PMP Prep training options?

      Cheers
      Anu
    • Vikrama Dhiman
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Anu:

        CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises [at least that was what our group did].

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          Hi Vikrama,
          The PMP courses also typically involve group exercises and live
          examples however having a online training option while compromising
          on some of the real time interaction, provides flexibility and cost
          benefits.
          I am based in Australia and scrum training sessions are held at a
          location convenient to me (which happens to be Melbourne) only once
          in 5-6 months!

          Regards
          Anu
          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Vikrama Dhiman
          <vickydhiman@...> wrote:

          > Hi Anu:
          >
          > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
          theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
          [at least that was what our group did].

          > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
          www.goodagile.com

          > Thanks
          >
          > ckanair <CKANAIR@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
          > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
          >
          > Cheers
          > Anu
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

        • Vikrama Dhiman
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2008
            Wow! Thats news.

            All I can say is wait for your chance. I don't see how a current CSM course design would adapt itself to an online module at all.

            Thanks

            <vickydhiman@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi Anu:
            >
            > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
            theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
            [at least that was what our group did].

            > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
            www.goodagile. com

            > Thanks
            >
            > ckanair <CKANAIR@... > wrote:
            > Hi,
            > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
            > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
            >
            > Cheers
            > Anu
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of
            Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

          • Mark Levison
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2008
              I might also add that I know more than a few CST's who would give their eye tooth for the chance to deliver training in Melbourne. Find a few others who're interested in the training and you can probably make it worth someone's while.

              Mark

              <vickydhiman@...> wrote:

              > Hi Anu:
              >
              > CSM courses are designed differently. You not only get some
              theoretical training but Live examples and do lot of group exercises
              [at least that was what our group did].

              > If you are in India, I suggest you find a course near you at
              www.goodagile.com

              > Thanks
              >
              > ckanair <CKANAIR@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              > Are there any online Scrum Master training options leading to CSM
              > certification similar to PMP Prep training options?
              >
              > Cheers
              > Anu

              Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

              One Year of Scrum: Lessons Learned
              http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/10/one-year-of-scr.html
              Aperture vs. Lightroom - best comparisons
              http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/02/aperture_vs_lig.html
              Customer Retention Department - Vonage Customer Service Sucks
              http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2007/06/customer_retent.html