Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

QA book question

Expand Messages
  • Dmitry Beransky
    I m sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has anyone here read Agile Software Development Quality Assurance and can recommend it? Also, is there a
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has anyone here read
      "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and can recommend it?

      Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?


      Thanks
      Dmitry
    • George Dinwiddie
      ... You might find http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agile-testing/ useful. - George -- ... * George Dinwiddie * http://blog.gdinwiddie.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 31, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        Dmitry Beransky wrote:
        > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?

        You might find http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agile-testing/ useful.

        - George

        --
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        * George Dinwiddie * http://blog.gdinwiddie.com
        Software Development http://www.idiacomputing.com
        Consultant and Coach http://www.agilemaryland.org
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      • srinivas chillara
        I assume you mean Testing when you say QA. No, I don t know about this stuff, but do check Brian Marick s site/blog... this is a top notch chappie. You will
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          I assume you mean Testing when you say QA.
          No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check Brian
          Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
          You will surely benefit.
          Also you can ask your specific questions here or
          offline ceezone@...
          I might be able to help you.

          Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

          "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers


          This covers how testers can contribute to
          cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
          activities and provide leads to the team on developing
          great software.

          cheers
          Cheenie


          > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
          > anyone here read
          > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
          > can recommend it?
          >
          > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
          >
          >
          > Thanks
          > Dmitry
          >



          Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
        • Rodney Wynn
          this is a bad assumption there is a major difference between QA and Testing. srinivas chillara wrote: I
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            this is a bad assumption 
            there is a major difference between QA and Testing.


            srinivas chillara <ceezone@...> wrote:
            I assume you mean Testing when you say QA.
            No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check Brian
            Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
            You will surely benefit.
            Also you can ask your specific questions here or
            offline ceezone@yahoo. co.in
            I might be able to help you.

            Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

            "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers

            This covers how testers can contribute to
            cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
            activities and provide leads to the team on developing
            great software.

            cheers
            Cheenie

            > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
            > anyone here read
            > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
            > can recommend it?
            >
            > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
            >
            >
            > Thanks
            > Dmitry
            >

            Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php


            You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

          • Jaideep Khanduja
            I agree to it completely. QA and testing are two separate entities. Testing starts right at the time of business study or rather prior to that and happens at
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
            • 0 Attachment

              I agree to it completely. QA and testing are two separate entities. Testing starts right at the time of business study or rather prior to that and happens at every micro-stage of the project. QA is a wider and broader aspect with testing as one subset of it total scope of functioning. Testing is not purely QA’s baby.

               

              Best Regards,

               

              Jaideep

              ___________________________________

               

              Thought of the day:  "If you believe that you know the requirements better than the customer, you are part of the problem, not the solution."

              -Alan M. Davis

              ___________________________________

              P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail


              From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Rodney Wynn
              Sent: 01 April, 2008 21:42
              To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] QA book question

               

              this is a bad assumption 
              there is a major difference between QA and Testing.


              srinivas chillara <ceezone@yahoo. co.in> wrote:

              I assume you mean Testing when you say QA.
              No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check Brian
              Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
              You will surely benefit.
              Also you can ask your specific questions here or
              offline ceezone@yahoo. co.in
              I might be able to help you.

              Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:

              "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B. Uggers

              This covers how testers can contribute to
              cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
              activities and provide leads to the team on developing
              great software.

              cheers
              Cheenie

              > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but has
              > anyone here read
              > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance" and
              > can recommend it?
              >
              > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
              >
              >
              > Thanks
              > Dmitry
              >

              Save all your chat conversations. Find them online at http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php

               

               


              You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

              Confidentiality Notice:

              The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at admin@... immediately and destroy all the copies of this message and any attachments

            • srinivas chillara
              The vast majority of people in our industry mean testing (or tester), when they say QA. That does not mean they are right, but it is so, therefore I ve made
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                The vast majority of people in our industry mean
                testing (or tester), when they say QA.

                That does not mean they are right, but it is so,
                therefore I've made that assumption, not because I am
                unaware of the difference.



                > this is a bad assumption
                > there is a major difference between QA and Testing.
                >
                >
                > srinivas chillara <ceezone@...> wrote:
                > I assume you mean Testing when
                > you say QA.
                > No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check
                > Brian
                > Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
                > You will surely benefit.
                > Also you can ask your specific questions here or
                > offline ceezone@...
                > I might be able to help you.
                >
                > Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:
                >
                > "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B.
                > Uggers
                >
                > This covers how testers can contribute to
                > cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
                > activities and provide leads to the team on
                > developing
                > great software.
                >
                > cheers
                > Cheenie
                >
                > > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but
                > has
                > > anyone here read
                > > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance"
                > and
                > > can recommend it?
                > >
                > > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
                > >
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Dmitry
                > >
                >
                > Save all your chat conversations. Find them online
                > at
                > http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ---------------------------------
                > You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one
                > month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.



                5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
              • Rodney Wynn
                I ask you then to please not spread the confusion and use the terms QA and testing correctly. Don t add to the confusion simply to drink the kool aid As
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  I ask you then to please not spread the confusion and use the terms "QA" and testing correctly.
                  Don't add to the confusion simply to "drink the kool aid"

                  As you can see this is a "pet peeve" of mine.  People confuse the two different "arts" enough without hearing "QA" state the misconception.

                  Not banging on you personally just asking this forum to help stop the confusion


                  srinivas chillara <ceezone@...> wrote:
                  The vast majority of people in our industry mean
                  testing (or tester), when they say QA.

                  That does not mean they are right, but it is so,
                  therefore I've made that assumption, not because I am
                  unaware of the difference.

                  > this is a bad assumption
                  > there is a major difference between QA and Testing.
                  >
                  >
                  > srinivas chillara <ceezone@yahoo. co.in> wrote:
                  > I assume you mean Testing when
                  > you say QA.
                  > No, I don't know about this stuff, but do check
                  > Brian
                  > Marick's site/blog... this is a top notch chappie.
                  > You will surely benefit.
                  > Also you can ask your specific questions here or
                  > offline ceezone@yahoo. co.in
                  > I might be able to help you.
                  >
                  > Oh I just remembered there is an excellent book:
                  >
                  > "Testing software: lighting the cracks" by B.
                  > Uggers
                  >
                  > This covers how testers can contribute to
                  > cross-functional teams, beyond simple testing
                  > activities and provide leads to the team on
                  > developing
                  > great software.
                  >
                  > cheers
                  > Cheenie
                  >
                  > > I'm sorry for a somewhat off topic question, but
                  > has
                  > > anyone here read
                  > > "Agile Software Development Quality Assurance"
                  > and
                  > > can recommend it?
                  > >
                  > > Also, is there a good mailing list for Agile QA?
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Dmitry
                  > >
                  >
                  > Save all your chat conversations. Find them online
                  > at
                  > http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  > You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one
                  > month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

                  5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help. yahoo.com/ l/in/yahoo/ mail/yahoomail/ tools/tools- 08.html


                  You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

                • srinivas chillara
                  ... Point taken. Actually it is my bugbear as well... but I got tired of pointing it out, and all I said (rashly ofcourse)is: I assume... cheers Srinivas
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    > I ask you then to please not spread the confusion
                    > and use the terms "QA" and testing correctly.
                    > Don't add to the confusion simply to "drink the kool
                    > aid"
                    >
                    > As you can see this is a "pet peeve" of mine.
                    > People confuse the two different "arts" enough
                    > without hearing "QA" state the misconception.
                    >
                    > Not banging on you personally just asking this forum
                    > to help stop the confusion

                    Point taken.
                    Actually it is my bugbear as well... but I got tired
                    of pointing it out, and all I said (rashly
                    ofcourse)is: "I assume..."
                    cheers
                    Srinivas



                    Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.