RE: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum history

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 9 4:41 AM
      > Jonas Bengtsson [mailto:jonas.b@...]
      >Mike Cohn wrote:
      >> To my knowledge, Scrum was first documented by Hirotaka Takeuchi and
      >> Ikujiro Nonaka in 1986 in Harvard Business Review (Jan/Feb issue)
      >
      >I just got the book "The knowledge-creating company" by Takeuchi and
      Nonaka.
      >Are there any references to Scrum within that book? (I can't find it in the

      Jonas:

      There might be more references but here are some:

      pgs. 78 (figure 3.7),
      81 (middle of the page),
      210, 211 (Rugby and "American Football")
      255 (actual reference),
      etc.

      - Mike
      http://www.livingmetaphor.org
      http://www.agilescrum.com
      http://www.xbreed.net
    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 9 7:01 AM
        In the preface they make reference to rugby and passing the ball around, but
        I don't think there are any more specific references to scrums
        Ken

        > To my knowledge, Scrum was first documented by Hirotaka Takeuchi and
        > Ikujiro Nonaka in 1986 in Harvard Business Review (Jan/Feb issue)

        I just got the book "The knowledge-creating company" by Takeuchi and Nonaka.
        Are there any references to Scrum within that book? (I can't find it in the

        Jonas

      • Jonas Bengtsson
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 15 3:37 PM
          Mike,
          Thanks for the references. (I've not had the time to look them up until now).

          I'll try finding the "original" article.

          Jonas