Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: 'Commitment' vs 'Guarantee'

  • Steve Freeman
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 9, 2008
      On 7 Mar 2008, at 15:26, dvroberts411 wrote:
      > I guess I'm just looking for some ideas on how else I can tackle the
      > PO's perception that a Team commitment is not a 'guarantee'.

      you might want to reference the Cone of Uncertainty, there's one write-
      up at

      You can have guarantees -- if you're prepared to pay for them. Safety-
      critical systems are orders of magnitude more expensive than "regular"
      systems because they make much stronger promises. Or you can save your
      money and spend the difference on adapting to the reality as it unfolds.

      S.

      Steve Freeman

      http://www.m3p.co.uk

      M3P Limited.
      Registered office. 2 Church Street, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HZ.
      Company registered in England & Wales. Number 03689627