Re: [scrumdevelopment] One week sprint

  • Nicholas Cancelliere
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008

      Many teams are doing it.  I know of 2 or 3 right now that are doing 1-week iterations.

      You don't do a day of planning to do a weeks of work.  If your planning meetings are taking that long that's a bad smell.  You probably don't have the acceptance criteria or other things needed to do estimation in the meeting.

      Not that there is any set prescribed term, but I've found that a 1-week iteration will have a 1-2 planning meeting.  A 2-week iteration 2-4 hour planning meeting, and a one month iteration 4-6 hours planning meeting.  Same with your retrospectives, they tend to scale to the term you're reviewing.  Release retrospectives take longer than sprint, and the sprint vary on their length.

      Sincerely,
      Nicholas

      On Mar 4, 2008, at 1:43 PM, Deusdit Correa Cornejo wrote:

      Hi,

      I have a doubt about how are scheduled the activities in an one week
      sprint.

      Case 1
      ------
      Monday: Planning Meeting
      Tuesday to Thursday: Working + Daily Scrum
      Friday: Demo + Retrospective
      Sumary: 4 working days

      Case 2
      ------
      Monday: Planning Meeting
      Tuesday to Friday: Working + Daily Scrum
      Next Monday: Demo + Retrospective

      I'd like to know how are you guys working in this type of sprint and
      what could be the better approach?

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards

      Deus.