Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Google spreadsheets for scrum...

  • Chris Brookins
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
      You can select an entire range of cells and copy & paste

      On 3/1/08, Dave Minor <dminor@...> wrote:

      Artur,

      I have not found a way with google spreadsheets to copy or move
      records from one sheet to another (in the same spreadsheet) or from
      one spreadsheet to another. Maybe I'm just missing it? For
      instance, in this case, how do you move things from your product
      backlog to your spring backlog? Is there a better way than copy/
      paste each cell one at a time?

      dm

      On Feb 22, 2008, at 1:23 AM, malisz999 wrote:

      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dmahlitz@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I know a lot of folks use Excel spreadsheets for tracking scrum
      > but is
      > > anyone using Google spreadsheets for the cross geography team? Is
      > > security a worry?
      >
      > Hi,
      >
      > we find google spreadsheet very usefull especially when teams and
      > stakeholders have different locations. We've started with Excel
      > spreadsheet but finally decided that simultanous and browser access to
      > backlogs are more important for us than security issue. We feel a
      > little bit uncomfortable since crucial data are not located on our
      > servers.
      >
      > Regards
      > Artur

    • malisz999
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        in Google spreadsheet copy&paste works fine so you can try, if you
        want to copy whole sheet there should be an option "duplicate sheet"
        (or similar I don't remember exact name). I do it every sprint begin -
        I copy an empty template for new sprint backlog to prepre new space
        for team to fill in.

        But it's not clear to me why do you want to copy product backlog to
        sprint backlog ? Sprint backlog consists of tasks while product
        backlog lists requirements - does your situation differ from that ?

        Regards
        Artur

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Dave Minor <dminor@...>