[scrumdevelopment] A Scrum Success

  • VIRMAN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2000
      Nortel announced the acquisition of a Scrum user, CoreTek - a 120 person
      company in Wilmington, MA - for $1.43b today. When I first got involved with
      CoreTek, Nortel was already interested, but at a much lower valuation.
      CoreTek president, Parviz Tatebati, wanted to introduce a couple of new
      subsystems at a show in early March to raise the valuation.

      CoreTek uses micro manufacturing to build newly invented tunable lasers and
      laser filters used in fiber optic networks. To say the least, I don't know
      the technology, but we used Scrum - daily Scrums and prioritized backlog - to
      keep the entire team focused on getting these subsystems ready for the March
      show - and nothing else. And CoreTek succeeded.

      It seems like one of the primary benefits of Scrum is focus and removing
      interference.

      Ken Schwaber