Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum checklist

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2 9:31 AM
      Tony this is a very good attitude toward checklists and the like - they make great tools for retrospective comparison. I encourage teams to do this AFTER they have. Done the basics. Why?
      Agile and Scrum are all about inspect and adapt not follow the leader. All too often checklists become codified and quickly the touchstone for any changes suggested. By having your teams take their best shot they use the checklist as part of the inspect an adapt process and take what is valuable and leaving the rest.

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2 5:35 PM
        At the risk of getting stoned, I thought this group might like this article from _The New Yorker_ on checklists:  http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/12/10/071210fa_fact_gawande

        I view checklist as the lean folks do standard work, a basis for improvement.

        Enjoy the article, it is well worth the read IMHO.

        -- Hank

        On Jan 31, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Henrik Kniberg wrote:

        Hi everyone!

        I know that checklists and scrum "rules" are a slightly sensitive
        issue, but this one has actually served me quite well when coaching!
        Sort of like an extension to the Nokia checklist.
        http://blog. crisp.se/ henrikkniberg/ 2008/02/01/ 1201823760000. html

        Any feedback from this forum would be valuable. The main target group
        for this checklist are teams that are relatively new to Scrum and
        likely to get many things wrong.

        /Henrik

        --
        Henrik Kniberg
        http://www.crisp. se

        __._,_.
      • stig.efsen
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3 2:13 PM
          Hi Henrik,

          Great list - overview and yet fairly detailed. I'll try it out next
          week when I start implementing Scrum in a company in Denmark.
          I'm sure that this list could be a nice 'tool' to bring home from CSM
          classes as well.

          Cheers
          /Stig

          ---