Re: [scrumdevelopment] Card meeting training?

  • Alan Dayley
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 30, 2007
      Mark Graybill wrote:
      > Alan,
      >
      > The science behind what I mentioned is fundamental - it is not strictly for
      > software types.

      Agreed. My descriptions were not intended to imply that because it is
      not a software team, Scrum and agile principles don't apply. The most
      certainly do apply.

      > It so happens that the (Simula) research behind Planning Poker came from
      > some intuition certain aspects of fundamental and group psychology was
      > behind the elusiveness of sofwtare estimation and geared their experiments
      > accordingly. But the science underpinning the research and results is
      > applied to any similar context.
      >
      > So remove the terms related to software and put terms that make sense in
      > your context.

      I'm introducing agile practices a step at a time. First then need to
      try and find a story and task tracking system that improves the team,
      like a team board can do. I see this as the the place where the highest
      and quickest payoff will come.

      Then, improved planning and estimation techniques will come into play.
      I have planning poker cards (Thanks, Cochango!) ready to go.

      > So why not give it a shot?

      I most certainly will!

      Alan
    • Ilja Preuss
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 9, 2007
        Take a look at the XP Game: http://www.xp.be/xpgame.html

        It doesn't directly address the use of cards, but perhaps it helps you
        getting some ideas - and it's a helluva fun.

        Cheers, Ilja