Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Newbie

  • Lasse Koskela
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hi Andy,

      On Nov 26, 2007 5:03 PM, <aguenter@...> wrote:
      > [scrum master] should solve the problems if the team has some. [...]
      > He keep the burndown chart up-to-date and look for trends and he also keep
      > the scrum software like scrumworks up-to-date.

      I'd like to point out that the Scrum Master shouldn't be the one who
      maintains the burndown chart, the Excel sheet, the Scrum Works, the
      task board, etc. Every time the Scrum Master does something like that,
      he's standing in the way of the team and self-organization. Instead,
      the Scrum Master should educate the team about the value of those
      things and get the team to take on these responsibilities. This might
      not happen on the first day but it won't happen at all if the Scrum
      Master keeps on doing it for the team.

      Lasse

      --
      Lasse Koskela
      * Author of "Test Driven" (Manning Publications, 2007) *