Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agenda suggestions for Sprint Kickoff

  • Lasse Koskela
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2007
      Hi Greg,

      On Nov 27, 2007 9:37 PM, solutionbuilder <greg_della-croce@...> wrote:
      > I am very new to the SCRUM methods. I was wondering if anyone had a
      > sample or template agenda that they used with the first meeting of a Sprint?

      I just happened to facilitate a project's kick off for their very
      first sprint on Monday afternoon. What we did was more or less the
      standard Sprint Planning. First the product owner presented the
      product backlog and teams pre-selected backlog items for a closer
      analysis. Then, the teams would split to smaller meeting rooms to
      break down their pre-selected backlog items to tasks, estimate the
      tasks, estimate their capacity for the sprint, compare the numbers,
      and ask themselves whether they believed they could deliver this and
      that, eventually coming back together with a sprint backlog they
      committed to. In addition to this, the teams should agree on a common
      definition of "done", time and place for the daily stand-up meeting,
      and other general working agreements.

      Lasse

      --
      Lasse Koskela
      * Author of "Test Driven" (Manning Publications, 2007) *