Re: Agile for ERP implementation

  • arcjoshi
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
      What kind of engineering practices can be used for ERP.
      eg: XP recommends use of refactoring, pair programming, continuous
      build, integration, emphasis on test automation etc.
      I am not quite sure how well can these be included in ERP
      (SAP/Oracle apps) implementation projects. Thus,
      1) Is there a real value add for such projects to go agile way
      2) If there is a value add then what engineering practices / tools
      can be coupled with the scrum managment practices to make the
      project implement agile effectively?
      Thanks in advance
      Archana

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Roy Morien <roymorien@...>
      wrote:

      > In general terms, I think the following questions need to be
      answered:

      > Is there a significant degree of uncertainty about the
      implementation?
      > Can the implementation be done incrementally, in an iterative
      fashion?Is it helpful (or even imperative) that you validate the
      implementation, bit by bit?
      > Is there development work that needs to be done, which can be done
      iteratively or incrementally?Is there a team of people involved in
      the implementation who will find a constant sharing of information
      useful?
      > In my view, if any of the above can be answered 'Yes' then
      considering an agile approach such as Scrum would be useful.
      > I'm sure there are more, but I'll let others think of them at the
      moment.

      > Regards,
      > Roy Morien
      >

      > To: scrumdevelopment@...: archana.joshi@...: Fri, 26 Oct 2007
      09:07:43 +0000Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Agile for ERP
      implementation

      > Hi,Is agile development model suitable for ERP implemetation type
      of projects? If yes, what is the way to go about it and what do we
      need to consider while planning such projects.ThanksArchana

      > Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre
      > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%
      2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%
      3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT