Re: [scrumdevelopment] Can Scrum be successfully implemented into IT Production/Operation?

  • Michael Gingell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2007

      Mark,

      Thank you for this, I will get back to you with any Qs

      Mike

      From: Michael Gingell <michael_gingell@...>

      Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:43:28
      To:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      Currently we have a rota of resources focused on resolving IT Production/Operation issues
      The reason for this is due to limited resources and to maintain morale, enthusiasm and productivity whilst resolving these issues.
      This is all very well and good but can lead to
      1. Handover issues
      2. Steep learning curves to resolve unfamiliar issues.
      3. Wasted time between handovers
      3. All resulting in limited productivity of resolving Production/Operation issues

      Whilst we are moving towards a scrum development environment which should reduce the number of defects delivered to live I am currently looking at extending scrum to cover production.

      However, I am not sure what would work best here

      I believe I read a couple of weeks ago some people have implemented scrum for IT Production/Operation environments.
      Please can someone remind summarise:

      How they have implemented Scrum in such environments e.g. daily updated backlog lists vs sprint backlog lists are they separate?
      Who is the product owner for this?
      Who decides the priority of work other than the obvious "all hands to solve" Priority 1 customer affecting issues?
      What impediments have you had to overcome?

      Basically does Scrum (in full) easily lend itself to be easily deployed into Production/Operation environments?
      If not, how can it be modified to maximise productivity and flexibility?

      Mike

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: