project velocity

  • w6rabbit
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
      Have any good links on Project Velocity charts?

      Especially looking for articles written as
      if they expected the people reading to
      start using them.

      Thanks, Brad.
    • Phlip
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
        w6rabbit wrote:

        > Have any good links on Project Velocity charts?
        >
        > Especially looking for articles written as
        > if they expected the people reading to
        > start using them.

        I don't know if Mike Cohn's book /User Stories
        Applied: For Agile Software Development/, applies, or
        if it's out yet. But it has a good Scrum section and a
        tutorial on burn-down charts.

        =====
        Phlip

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • Mike Cohn
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2004
          Thanks, Phlip.

          The book will be out next month. It is being printed right now. Amazon has
          it for pre-order at: http://tinyurl.com/34htv And yes, there's a chapter on
          managing projects with burndown charts in it.

          --Mike

          > Have any good links on Project Velocity charts?
          >
          > Especially looking for articles written as
          > if they expected the people reading to
          > start using them.

          I don't know if Mike Cohn's book /User Stories
          Applied: For Agile Software Development/, applies, or
          if it's out yet. But it has a good Scrum section and a
          tutorial on burn-down charts.

          =====
          Phlip

          Yahoo! Groups Links