Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Problem loading ScrumMaster.xla in Excel 2000

  • Edmund Schweppe
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
      woynam wrote:
      > Thanks, that did the trick.
      >
      > Just a note, you have to execute the command in the directory where
      > the OCX file is located. If you try to run the command anywhere else,
      > you'll get an error.
      >
      > I'm baffled why one has to drop to the command prompt to register
      > a control. The whole process seems rather clumsy.

      Usually, the installation program for whatever Windows application
      you're installing does that work for you.

      A helpful trick for those who write lots of these OCXs and DLLs is to
      set the Windows Explorer to use regsvr32.exe to "open" .OCX and .DLL
      files. Then all you have to do is doubleclick on the file icon to
      register it.