Re: Problem loading ScrumMaster.xla in Excel 2000

  • woynam
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5 6:40 AM
      Thanks, that did the trick.

      Just a note, you have to execute the command in the directory where
      the OCX file is located. If you try to run the command anywhere else,
      you'll get an error.

      I'm baffled why one has to drop to the command prompt to register
      a control. The whole process seems rather clumsy.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Wehrle" <wehrlet@c...>

    • Edmund Schweppe
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5 8:06 AM
        woynam wrote:
        > Thanks, that did the trick.
        >
        > Just a note, you have to execute the command in the directory where
        > the OCX file is located. If you try to run the command anywhere else,
        > you'll get an error.
        >
        > I'm baffled why one has to drop to the command prompt to register
        > a control. The whole process seems rather clumsy.

        Usually, the installation program for whatever Windows application
        you're installing does that work for you.

        A helpful trick for those who write lots of these OCXs and DLLs is to
        set the Windows Explorer to use regsvr32.exe to "open" .OCX and .DLL
        files. Then all you have to do is doubleclick on the file icon to
        register it.