Scrum Success: Hipaa Privcay/MRRM at DOD - MHS

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2004
      All,

      A few months ago I announced that we had started a
      Scrum project with the goal of delivering the
      Hipaa Privacy/Medical Records Request solution for
      DOD-MHS (Department of Defense Military Health
      System). I just wanted to add:

      the system has been deployed to production

      http://www.hipaaccelerator.com/press.html#PR42104
      (This system services 530 facilities around the world.)

      In that same time we also delivered a similar solution
      for Bayhealth: http://www.hipaaccelerator.com/press.html#PR102203

      and created several shrink-wrapped products.

      This is an example of how multiple Scrum projects
      can coexist and interact reusing components through
      the expanded set of practices we call XBreed. (The same
      techniques that have been used to develop multiple
      applications over the last 6 years and that were
      greatly enhanced at one of our consulting engagements:
      http://www.xbreed.net/reuse.html)

      Our immediate challenge will continue through the management
      of several concurrent custom-solution projects and the
      creation and maintenance of new and existing products.

      Our current target for this year is 10 or so large
      concurrent customers and the creation of 24 new products
      (packages) for different compliance industries.

      Scrum, with good Marketing and Sales, Strategic Alliances,
      a high-dose of innovation and the contribution of
      GREAT PEOPLE are the key ingredients of our success.

      But in terms of management, we simply could not deliver
      as much software as we do without Scrum.

      I know I am preaching to the choir but a drop of
      enthusiasm and shared success stories never hurt anyone.

      - Mike

      Michael A. Beedle Ph. D.
      CEO
      Hipaa Accelerator Inc.
      2275 Half Day Rd. Suite 350
      Bannockburn, IL 60015
      cell: 847-840-9890
      office: 847-821-2631
      email: beedlem@... http://www.hipaaccelerator.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2004
        On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 3:49:18 PM, Mike Beedle wrote:

        > the system has been deployed to production

        Outstanding! Congratulations!

        One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.
        -- Bill Nye (The Science Guy)
      • Ken Schwaber
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
          On March 25 and 26, the certified ScrumMaster course will be somewhat
          different. This Certified ScrumMaster class will be held in the Chaminade
          conference resort in Santa Cruz, California. I'm trying this type of setting
          to get focused time that is more difficult in cities or in hotels. Since
          this is a trial, the only cost to attendees other than the regular
          registration fee of $600 is the room cost of $159 per night. All food and
          meals are included in the registration fee.

          I think this will be fun, so I wanted everyone to know about it so they can
          consider coming as well as let their friends know. Santa Cruz in the winter
          for $159 per day, and getting to talk about Scrum! Life is good.

          Ken Schwaber
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2004
            On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 9:36:26 AM, Ken Schwaber wrote:

            > On March 25 and 26, the certified ScrumMaster course will be somewhat
            > different. This Certified ScrumMaster class will be held in the Chaminade
            > conference resort in Santa Cruz, California. I'm trying this type of setting
            > to get focused time that is more difficult in cities or in hotels. Since
            > this is a trial, the only cost to attendees other than the regular
            > registration fee of $600 is the room cost of $159 per night. All food and
            > meals are included in the registration fee.

            > I think this will be fun, so I wanted everyone to know about it so they can
            > consider coming as well as let their friends know. Santa Cruz in the winter
            > for $159 per day, and getting to talk about Scrum! Life is good.

            This sounds like fun. Do you think I have any chance of passing the course?

            Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself.
            (I am large, I contain multitudes.) --Walt Whitman