Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Penalty Clauses and Agile/ SCRUM

  • Vikrama Dhiman
    Message 1 of 47 , Sep 8, 2007
      The main question was - "The customer wants to know whats the price for this project?" As far as I can see there are these options:

      1. Start on how requirements evolve/ emerge and a true solution breathes through. This is obviously going to require some special skills, passion and authority in organization structure to be able to do.

      2. Do the planning poker with sufficient fine detail of user stories and jack up an estimate range. This is always going to be a waste if you loose many projects. Lets assume you wont any. Any analysis of past data to see how much buffer is needed, helps as well. Supplement this with ability for customers to change stories with similar sized stories.

      To me, [2] appears to be a better scenario. Thats what we are trying to do.

      Thanks

      Rob Park <rpark68@...> wrote:
      "Needless to say, that project ended up a total disaster, caused mainly
      by the friction and bad feeling engendered by the 'delays' and the
      breakdown in cooperative communication between myself, the client and
      the prime contractor."

      And so in some respects I suppose it was worth the suffering... but
      only because you got paid... and lived to tell about it. ;-)

      I'm assuming that if we could all afford it, we'd /know/ that was going
      to be the result and never would have engaged in the first place. But
      unfortunately it's not usually all that simple. That said, the more of
      us that can successfully "just say no" to demands like that, the better
      our lives (in general) would be.

      .rob.

      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • Vikrama Dhiman