Re: [scrumdevelopment] Affordable Hotels near Scrum Fall Gathering

  • Emiliano Heyns
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
      On 9/5/07, David H. <dmalloc@...> wrote:
      Emiliano Heyns wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Me and a colleague will be attending the Scrum Fall meeting, but the hotels
      > listed on the SF site are outside our preferred budget range. Are there any
      > hotels nearby which are more affordable (inasmuch London has hotels that
      > could be labeled "affordable")?

      I am afraid that this is the range you will have to feel comfortable
      with if you want to stay close to the gathering. The gathering's
      location is close to the city centre, so it is naturally more expensive
      there.

      When I first helped pre-select the offered hotels there was a wide range
      of room charges, are all of them out of the questions?

      Not necessarily out of the question, but the most affordable option from the list would come to 150UKP/night, which is a bit steep. I know London is an expensive place to sleep, but this is going to be my 3rd trip there this year and my manager suspects me of building a habit; I'd rather not have him think I'm building an expensive habit ;)

      I think I've managed to find something that's reasonably priced (City View Hotel) at a 2km distance from the venue, with a tube right next to it.

      Emile