ANN: SeattleScrum meeting on 26th September: Your real world challenges adopting

  • Kane Mar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2007
      We are pleased to announce the next meeting of the Seattle Scrum Users Group. Although
      then intent is to focus primarily on Scrum, all flavors of Agile (XP, FDD, Industrial XP etc)
      and Lean are welcome.

      Our next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 26th, 2007 at the Cobalt
      Group's Seattle headquarters. Chris Sterling will be facilitating a group discussion on "Your
      real world challenges adopting Scrum". We welcome participants to bring their current or
      historical issues in adopting Scrum on their teams or in their organizations. The group
      discussion will allow multiple points of view to be expressed on how these issues can be
      worked on or resolved. Since we should have many people with diverse Scrum experience
      there should be a good cross-section of ideas.

      We'd like to thank our four sponsors: QPass (http://www.qpass.com ), Cobalt Group
      ( http://www.cobalt.com ), Danube Technologies ( http://www.Danube.com ), and
      SolutionsIQ ( http://www.solutionsiq.com )

      Topic: Facilitated group discussion on "Your real world challenges adopting Scrum"

      About the Facilitator: Chris is an Agile Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer and has
      performed consulting and training for the last three years with companies ranging in size
      from Fortune 50 down to technology start ups. Chris is an original developer for the open
      source tool Story Test IQ (STIQ), a project that combines utility from Fit, FitNesse, and
      Selenium to create automated acceptance tests (http://storytestiq.sourceforge.net/). As
      founder of the International Association of Software Architects (IASA) Puget Sound
      Chapter, Chris is very involved with coding and evangelizing good coding practices like
      Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and collective code ownership,
      each a staple of the environment he has fostered and encouraged working at Solutions IQ
      and on projects like Story Test IQ (STIQ).

      Meeting Date and Agenda
      Wednesday, September 26, 2007
      6:00pm Food & Drink
      6:30pm Some words of Thanks
      6:45pm Facilitated group discussion on "Your real world challenges adopting Scrum",
      Chris Sterling, Certified Scrum Trainer, SolutionsIQ
      7:30-ish End of talk, general questions etc.

      Location
      Cobalt Group Headquarters
      2200 First Avenue S
      Suite 400
      Seattle, WA 98134

      This announcement may also be found at Seattle Scrums home page (http://
      SeattleScrum.org). Further inquiries can be emailed to SeattleScrum at Gmail dot com.