Re: Fall Scrum Gathering - UK User group call

  • Nigel Baker
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
      I cannot imagine the ScrumAlliance is interested in the politics of
      it's sponsors.

      Come along to the gathering.

      Nigel Baker, CST@BT

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@...>
      wrote:

      > Mike Sutton wrote:
      > > Hey UK CSMs,
      > >
      > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
      > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall
      gathering in
      > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
      > > formalise a structure.
      > >
      > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are
      interested
      > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
      > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it
      forward!

      > > Cheers
      > > Mike
      > > csm.certified.certifiable.
      > >

      > If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to
      conflict of
      > interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser
      for
      > the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a
      competitor)

      > -d

    • mattroadnight
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
        I completely agree with both Nigel's points.

        There isn't a conflict of interest from Conchango's perspective.

        To return to the point of the post, you're right Mike it's a great
        oppertunity and a good idea. The gathering has a number of sessions
        planned, if you don't manage to get everyone together between
        sessions there is an open space that you could take advantage of.

        Matt

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Baker"
        <nigel.e.baker@...> wrote:

        > I cannot imagine the ScrumAlliance is interested in the politics of
        > it's sponsors.
        >
        > Come along to the gathering.
        >
        > Nigel Baker, CST@BT
        >
        > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Mike Sutton wrote:
        > > > Hey UK CSMs,
        > > >
        > > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
        > > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall
        > gathering in
        > > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and
        perhaps
        > > > formalise a structure.
        > > >
        > > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are
        > interested
        > > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas
        in a
        > > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it
        > forward!
        > > >
        > > > Cheers
        > > > Mike
        > > > csm.certified.certifiable.
        > > >

        > > If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to
        > conflict of
        > > interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser
        > for
        > > the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a
        > competitor)
        > >
        > > -d

      • David H.
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          mattroadnight wrote:
          > I completely agree with both Nigel's points.
          >
          > There isn't a conflict of interest from Conchango's perspective.
          >
          > To return to the point of the post, you're right Mike it's a great
          > oppertunity and a good idea. The gathering has a number of sessions
          > planned, if you don't manage to get everyone together between
          > sessions there is an open space that you could take advantage of.
          >
          > Matt

          As I already state din private emails to Nigel and Matthew, this has
          nothing to do with Conchango nor the Scrum Alliance. It is a conflict of
          my personal Interest and wanting to adhere to internal policy. I do
          appreciate the concern though. As I said I will be around in the
          evenings if any of you want to be updated on the new CSC program, let me
          know

          -d
        • Steve Freeman
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 15, 2007
            Locals might also consider the London eXtreme Tuesday Club which has
            been self-organising meetings for nearly 10 years and is open to all.

            Follow the links from http://www.xpdeveloper.net

            S.

            On 30 Aug 2007, at 12:03, Mike Sutton wrote:
            > Hey UK CSMs,
            >
            > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
            > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall gathering in
            > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
            > formalise a structure.
            >
            > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are interested
            > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
            > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it forward!

            Steve Freeman

            http://www.m3p.co.uk

            M3P Limited.
            Registered office. 2 Church Street, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HZ.
            Company registered in England & Wales. Number 03689627