Re: [scrumdevelopment] Fall Scrum Gathering - UK User group call

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
      Mike Sutton wrote:
      > Hey UK CSMs,
      >
      > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
      > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall gathering in
      > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
      > formalise a structure.
      >
      > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are interested
      > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
      > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it forward!
      >
      > Cheers
      > Mike
      > csm.certified.certifiable.

      If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to conflict of
      interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser for
      the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a competitor)

      -d
    • Mike Sutton
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@...> wrote:

        > Mike Sutton wrote:
        > > Hey UK CSMs,
        > >
        > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
        > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall gathering in
        > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
        > > formalise a structure.
        > >
        > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are interested
        > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
        > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it forward!
        > >
        > > Cheers
        > > Mike
        > > csm.certified.certifiable.
        > >

        > If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to conflict of
        > interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser for
        > the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a competitor)
        >
        > -d

        d,

        conflict of interest!? No worries, as its early days there a number of

        1 - the folk that will be at the gathering can hook up at the
        gathering and start the discussion; which can then be opened up via a
        new forum to any other interested parties;

        2 - we can have an offsite hookup in a pub around the gathering
        (easier if you live in london i think).

        great!

        mike
        csm.certified.certifiable
      • Mike Sutton
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
          Emile,

          you would be very welcome too!!!

          Mike

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Emiliano Heyns"
          <Emiliano.Heyns@...> wrote:

          > On 8/30/07, Mike Sutton <mike.sutton@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey UK CSMs,
          > >
          > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
          > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall gathering in
          > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
          > > formalise a structure.
          > >
          > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are interested
          > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
          > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it forward!
          >

          > Even though this might be an UK-focused group, I would love to drop
          by. So
          > count me in.
          >
          > Emile

        • Nigel Baker
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
            I cannot imagine the ScrumAlliance is interested in the politics of
            it's sponsors.

            Come along to the gathering.

            Nigel Baker, CST@BT

            wrote:

            > Mike Sutton wrote:
            > > Hey UK CSMs,
            > >
            > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
            > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall
            gathering in
            > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
            > > formalise a structure.
            > >
            > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are
            interested
            > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
            > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it
            forward!

            > > Cheers
            > > Mike
            > > csm.certified.certifiable.
            > >

            > If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to
            conflict of
            > interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser
            for
            > the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a
            competitor)

            > -d

          • mattroadnight
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
              I completely agree with both Nigel's points.

              There isn't a conflict of interest from Conchango's perspective.

              To return to the point of the post, you're right Mike it's a great
              oppertunity and a good idea. The gathering has a number of sessions
              planned, if you don't manage to get everyone together between
              sessions there is an open space that you could take advantage of.

              Matt

              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Baker"
              <nigel.e.baker@...> wrote:

              > I cannot imagine the ScrumAlliance is interested in the politics of
              > it's sponsors.
              >
              > Come along to the gathering.
              >
              > Nigel Baker, CST@BT
              >
              > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Mike Sutton wrote:
              > > > Hey UK CSMs,
              > > >
              > > > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
              > > > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall
              > gathering in
              > > > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and
              perhaps
              > > > formalise a structure.
              > > >
              > > > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are
              > interested
              > > > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas
              in a
              > > > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it
              > forward!
              > > >
              > > > Cheers
              > > > Mike
              > > > csm.certified.certifiable.
              > > >

              > > If we can make this an offsite I would love to come. Due to
              > conflict of
              > > interest I cannot visit the gathering (I used to be the organiser
              > for
              > > the compant that is the main sponsor, but now I work for a
              > competitor)
              > >
              > > -d

            • David H.
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
                mattroadnight wrote:
                > I completely agree with both Nigel's points.
                >
                > There isn't a conflict of interest from Conchango's perspective.
                >
                > To return to the point of the post, you're right Mike it's a great
                > oppertunity and a good idea. The gathering has a number of sessions
                > planned, if you don't manage to get everyone together between
                > sessions there is an open space that you could take advantage of.
                >
                > Matt

                As I already state din private emails to Nigel and Matthew, this has
                nothing to do with Conchango nor the Scrum Alliance. It is a conflict of
                my personal Interest and wanting to adhere to internal policy. I do
                appreciate the concern though. As I said I will be around in the
                evenings if any of you want to be updated on the new CSC program, let me
                know

                -d
              • Steve Freeman
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 15, 2007
                  Locals might also consider the London eXtreme Tuesday Club which has
                  been self-organising meetings for nearly 10 years and is open to all.

                  Follow the links from http://www.xpdeveloper.net

                  S.

                  On 30 Aug 2007, at 12:03, Mike Sutton wrote:
                  > Hey UK CSMs,
                  >
                  > following the thread about a support/user group for UK Scrum
                  > users/scrum masters and practitioners, I thought the fall gathering in
                  > London would be an ideal place to have a face to face and perhaps
                  > formalise a structure.
                  >
                  > If anyone else thinks this is a superb opportunity and are interested
                  > in forming a UK focused group - that meets and shares ideas in a
                  > culturally specific way - then get in touch and lets take it forward!

                  Steve Freeman

                  http://www.m3p.co.uk

                  M3P Limited.
                  Registered office. 2 Church Street, Burnham, Bucks, SL1 7HZ.
                  Company registered in England & Wales. Number 03689627