Re: success story of agile practices

  • Peter Hundermark
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Neeraj Kumar" <neerkuma@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Please find link to the Survey results of AgileChronicles by Verision
      one.

      http://www.versionone.com/pdf/StateOfAgileDevelopmet2_FullDataReport.pdf

      Neeraj,

      Thanks for posting this - it makes interesting reading. Scrum and Scrum
      hybrids account for 60% of the Agile implementations amongst the
      respondents.

      I think it would aid credibility of the results if information were
      provided on the sample selection and response rates.

      What do others think? Are there any other recent Agile surveys to
      compare with?

      Peter
    • Dave Nicolette
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2007
        I took the liberty of adding a link to this report to the bibliography
        George Dinwiddie created at
        http://biblio.gdinwiddie.com/biblio/FrontPage. It's a resource for us
        to use to keep track of research about agile development, so that we
        can find references when we need them. Please add the bibliography to
        your own list of favorite links and contribute information to it.

        Dave

        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Please find link to the Survey results of AgileChronicles by
        Verision one.
        > http://www.versionone.com/pdf/StateOfAgileDevelopmet2_FullDataReport.pdf
        >
        > Some of the intresting figures have come out of this survey:
        > 1. 57% of the agile development is carried out in distributed
        environment
        > 2. Team Lead/ Managers are initial Champions of the Agile development
        > 3. Specific improvements in adopting agile are increased productivity,
        > reduced software defects, and accelerated time to market
        > 4. Scrum is followed 37% of most popular agile practices
        > and many more....
        >
        > This is truely a success story of agile practices.
        >
        > Cheers!!
        >

        > Still there are areas confined and dark like handling changing
        priorities,
        > retrospections (practical problems), business value of a Sprint,
        Velocity
        > etc.
        > Some of these have been answered but not on unified concensus.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Neeraj

        > Catch all the cricketing action right here. Live score, match reports,
        > photos et al. http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/Cricket/Default.aspx

      • Dave Nicolette
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2007
          Sorry, the url I provided is wrong. It should be

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Nicolette"
          <dnicolet@...> wrote:

          > I took the liberty of adding a link to this report to the bibliography
          > George Dinwiddie created at
          > http://biblio.gdinwiddie.com/biblio/FrontPage. It's a resource for us
          > to use to keep track of research about agile development, so that we
          > can find references when we need them. Please add the bibliography to
          > your own list of favorite links and contribute information to it.
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Neeraj Kumar" <neerkuma@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > Please find link to the Survey results of AgileChronicles by
          > Verision one.

          http://www.versionone.com/pdf/StateOfAgileDevelopmet2_FullDataReport.pdf

          > > Some of the intresting figures have come out of this survey:
          > > 1. 57% of the agile development is carried out in distributed
          > environment
          > > 2. Team Lead/ Managers are initial Champions of the Agile development
          > > 3. Specific improvements in adopting agile are increased
          productivity,
          > > reduced software defects, and accelerated time to market
          > > 4. Scrum is followed 37% of most popular agile practices
          > > and many more....
          > >
          > > This is truely a success story of agile practices.
          > >
          > > Cheers!!
          > >

          > > Still there are areas confined and dark like handling changing
          > priorities,
          > > retrospections (practical problems), business value of a Sprint,
          > Velocity
          > > etc.
          > > Some of these have been answered but not on unified concensus.
          > >

          > > Regards,
          > > Neeraj

          > > Catch all the cricketing action right here. Live score, match
          reports,
          > > photos et al. http://content.msn.co.in/Sports/Cricket/Default.aspx

        • George Dinwiddie
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 30, 2007
            Dave,

            Actually either should work, as will just http://biblio.gdinwiddie.com/

            Thanks for adding this information. I hope that this will become a good
            index for finding things in the vast amount of information that's been
            published.

            - George