Projects with a mix of software/hardware

  • Massimo Torri
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007
      Hi,

      we are about to kick off a project that is a mix of software and
      hardware at the company I work at.

      Since I never been involved in projects with a sizeable hardware
      component, are there specific advices you may have on how to apply
      Scrum in this context? We are planning to start out with 2 weeks
      iterations. Is in your experience hardware more predictable than
      software? That being the case, would it make sense to put the software
      Team on 2 week iterations and the hardware Team on 4 week iterations?

      Any suggestions are appreciated

      Cheers!
    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2007

        Read my book, “The Enterprise and Scrum” about running projects which has different development cycles. For instance, hardware and waterfall development have different cycles than Scrum, are irregular, but still require synchronizing with Scrum increments as often as possible.

        Ken