Re: [scrumdevelopment] Announcing: Agile-ANN

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22, 2007
      On Wed, August 22, 2007 09:21, David H. wrote:
      > Joseph Little wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> We have just started a group called Agile-ANN, where we hope to draw
      >> a large crowd interested in Agile Announcements.
      >>

      > Hi,
      >
      > Just ouy of curiosity, why was it felt that there is a need to create
      > such a group?
      > Given that "Agile" is just a set of Principles and a mind-set I do not
      > think anyone could make an "agile" announcement and methodology specific
      > or framework specific announcements would go into their respective
      > community?

      I'd like to point out that there's already an xpevents yahoogroup for this
      purpose, as well as a section on
      http://forum.agilesoftwaredevelopment.org/ and Deb Hartmann's recent
      AgileEvents on UpComing.org (announced here a few days ago).

      Unfortunately, announcement-only lists never seem to fare well. It's like
      having a postal mailbox only for advertising circulars.

      - George