ICSE Call for Workshop Participation

  • kschwaber
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Craig Larman [mailto:clarman@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:23 AM
      To: agilealliance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [agilealliance] CFP: ICSE Workshop on Iterative, Adaptive,
      and Agile Processes

      Folks,
      This workshop is being offered at ICSE (May 25); now moved to Orlando
      instead of Beunos Aires. http://www.icse-conferences.org/2002/ The
      deadline for response is fairly soon, and I'd like as many to
      know of
      the workshop as possible. My goal is to increase
      awareness/appreciation of agile process values in this traditional
      land of CMM.

      Do you know anyone who might be interested? Academics? If so, please
      forward this announcement.
      regards, craig
      =============

      1st ICSE Workshop on Iterative, Adaptive, and Agile Processes
      Organizers: Craig Larman, Valtech and Frances Paulisch, Siemens
      Theme and Goals:
      The goals of this workshop are to:
      · promote a deep and shared understanding of various iterative,
      adaptive, and agile processes, including Crystal, DSDM, Extreme
      Programming (XP), Scrum, and the Unified Process (UP)
      · to identify best practices and impediments for their successful
      adoption
      · to provide a supportive and fun forum for interested stakeholders

      What are the means and capabilities required to really help
      iterative, adaptive, and agile processes be adopted and succeed?
      What's working, what isn't, and what are the hard-data justifications?

      In this workshop, we invite practitioners and researchers interested
      these topics. We expect to learn from each others experiences. We
      include those favoring detailed or large-scale process descriptions
      to those favoring minimalist descriptions, from process evangelists
      to process agnostics, from expert developers to business managers,
      from domains where speed is the top priority to domains where quality
      or verifiability are the top priority.

      Please contact clarman@... or Frances.Paulisch@...
      Details at www.craiglarman.com

      Number of Workshop Participants: ca. 20
      Workshop Open or Closed: Open

      Participant Selection Process: based on call for position papers,
      chosen for extent of experience and to provide a balance of views.