Re: [scrumdevelopment] Advice/Resoureces for off running off shore scrum with off shore?

  • Jørn A Hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2007
      On 8/17/07, Jeff M. <asp_jobs@...> wrote among other things:
      > .... also I question their productivity during the three
      > hours they are off without anyone on our side.

      It's not easy to trust in something that is not visible to you. And
      this probably goes both ways. I would suggest that you do whatever is
      possible in your environment to increase the amount of working face to
      face.

      Visit the offshore team for a period as long as possible (or several
      periods) and work with them. While you are there show them that you
      trust them and help them get the best possible understanding of the
      problem they are supposed to solve. The goal of this is to get them to
      a state where they can make as many good decisions as possible on
      their own hand. Let them experience that you would rather have them
      making a maybe not optimal decision than wait for you to take a
      "perfect" decision for them.

      Another option might be to have some of the offshore people visiting
      you and build relations to you and other relevant people (your local
      team members, other subject matter experts at your site)

      -- Jørn