Re: [scrumdevelopment] SCRUM in Offshore - Onsite environment

  • deepinder singh
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2007
      Well, you can have SM on both the places and daily scrum should happen at onsite and offshore location. You can also have Portal site, probably SharePoint, where you can post your daily scrum updates and get their updates as well. This should be updated on daily basis after standup meeting. Also, sometimes SM from onsite can attend standup meetings happening at offshore location, in case of block issue or any other update SM want to share with.

      Thanks, ~Deepinder

      m_pravin <m_pravin@...> wrote:
      We have a new project and want to execute the same using SCRUM
      methodlogy. There will 2 teams working on the product backlog. One
      team will be located at offshore and other one at onsite. The client
      is located at US. I would like to know how do we conduct

      1. Sprint Planning meeting
      2. Daily SCRUM

      Due to time difference, will it be a valid practice to have offshore
      SCRUM Master providing updates to Product Owner and Onsite SCRUM
      master.

      Another query,

      Is it possible to have the SCRUM Master and Product Owner at different
      location (USA in this scenario)?

      Thanks,
      Pravin Mukhedkar