OT: Open Source Development

  • mintywalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
      Not Scrum at all, but in the same ball park, and I figured it might be
      of interest to some

      "As a commercial software program and development manager, I view Open
      Source Software methods as simply a way to build applications. It
      happens to be the most efficient one.
      ... snip ...
      This article intends to clear up some misconceptions and can help
      people transition from a closed development environment into an open
      one that shortens time to market while cutting costs."

      http://www.consultingtimes.com/ossdev.html

      (via /.)
    • David Vydra
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        Yes, yes, yes! I work for a software company and we reuse as much
        open-source as possible. On my last project, we needed a fast java to c#
        translator and we needed it fast. We were able to build it in about 4 months
        (2 people) by reusing a large part of an open-source java compiler. This
        experience prompted me to register agilereuse.org (nothing there yet)
        Regards,
        David
        www.testdriven.com