RE: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 78

  • Mike Beedle
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2002
      Jonas, Jeff:

      Our experience is similar.

      We hold a "Scrum of Scrums" weekly meeting with all the development team leaders/architects (in
      those applications that have them), to decide which versions of which apps, infrastructure libs,
      go to which boxes in a the cluster, and basically, what features are included per app, and in
      the infrastructure.

      Applications code to a base lines of infrastructure libs, so infrastructure libs are released
      earlier to the desktop, and testing platforms.  However, all the code is released to production
      at once, with a fall-back backup,

      - Mike
                 From: "Jonas Bengtsson" <jonas.b@...>

      Message: 1
         Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:32:42 +0100
         From: "Jonas Bengtsson" <jonas.b@...>
      Subject: Product-lines

      Hi all,

      I'm going to write a paper about product-lines (for a course called
      product-line architecture). So I thought of writing about how product-lins
      are managed in agile development. Most literature I've read state that a
      planned BDUF is the only way to go.
      * Are there any articles etc that describes how to deal with product-lines
      in agile development?
      * Does anyone have any experiences with product-lines in agile development?

      Thanks in advance,
      Jonas

    • Jonas Bengtsson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2002
        Mike, Jeff:
        Thanks for your input. At this time I'm primarily looking for articles etc. for reference. However, I'm glad that you have experience of product-lines. When I've started writing different issues using a agile approach to product-line will most certainly arise. When they do I will check back to see how you've tackled them!

        Jonas

                   From: "Jonas Bengtsson" <jonas.b@...>

        Message: 1