Re: [scrumdevelopment] JAOO conference this Fall

  • Jørn A Hansen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
      On 7/4/07, Emiliano Heyns <emiliano.heyns@...> wrote:

      > I'm thinking of attending the JAOO conference this fall, specifically for the Agile track. In
      > the balance, is this track more down-to-earth practice, or more science? My manager
      > thinks it's more theoretical than would be right for us right now, and from the descriptions
      > I can't really tell.

      I'll expect that there is definitely some amount of practical
      experiences. In particular the track on Wednesday
      (http://www.jaoo.dk/tracks/show_track.jsp?trackOID=59) is focusing on
      people from companies running Scrum sharing their experiences.

      But I would also expect some of the presentations covered by e.g.
      Scrum trainers like Hubert Smits and Boris Gloger to name a few to be
      more based on ideas that have actually been tried in real life than
      based on scientific theories. Mostly because that's the way most agile
      ideas have evolved - and are evolving. Inspect & adapt!

      Maybe we'll meet there :-)

      -- Jørn