Re: US/India time zone difference and daily scrum

  • Venkatesh
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2007
      Hank,

      I am not sure if there is any way to avoid the late night or early
      morning burn out meetings. But I have observed distributed teams trying
      out following strategy:

      I have seen teams in India and US doing separate Scrum meetings locally
      during their working hours, and on a regular basis (or on a need basis)
      they do Scrum of Scrums(SoS). The teams update Wiki quite frequently
      with impediments.

      Teams conducting Scrum or SoS meetings between Indian and US teams,
      generally stay either late in the night or come to work early in the
      morning.

      I have seen a variant of this, where the teams update Wiki or some tool
      with impediments info. before hand. Both onsite and offshore teams
      glance through the Wiki before attending the Scrum or SoS meetings to
      improve the effectiveness of the meeting.

      Venkatesh
      http://agileworld.blogspot.com

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "hhroark" <Hank.Roark@...>