Acunote -- hosted Agile Project Management web application
We are launching Acunote http://acunote.com, an Agile Project
Management web application we've developed in Pluron, Inc. Pluron is
a young Silicon Valley startup. We started out by making a product we
wanted to use ourselves. We then worked hard to enhance it for our
alpha users. Now, we are opening it to you.
Our users feedback is what shapes the product. We'll be continuing to
engage Agile community and enhance Acunote based on your feedback. To
help us do it, we are looking to hire an Agile Evangelist, please see
* Hosted web application, built using Ruby on Rails.
* Lightweight by design -- we provide the tools, you bring your
process. Ideally suited for Scrum, XP and other Agile
* All the basics -- sprints/iterations, backlog, tasks and burndown.
* Flexible task hierarchies -- use them for user stories,
story-trees, tasks, sub-tasks, bugs, etc. Never commit, mold your
task list to your needs as your needs evolve.
* 0-click analytics -- team and individual burndown charts,
per-team/user/tag progress report, when-will-I-be-done
forecasting, hierarchy-based roll-up progress charts for parent
* Integration with your existing bugtracker -- Bugzilla, Mantis,
Trac, JIRA are supported.
* Integration with Subversion (yes, over the network -- http, https,
svn protocols) and Perforce.
* Full peer code review functionality -- since with integrate with
your SCM, you can review a changeset and comment on any line with
a single click. From that point Acunote will manage this comment
as a task.
* Tags -- because relational is good. Define your own workflow and
analyze it with tag-based analytics.
* CSV export/import. Full-roundtrip change merging -- export, modify
tasks in Excel, import and have Acunote reconcile the changes.
* Timeline -- you did it, we track it. Find out what happened in
your organization, filter and subscribe to RSS feeds to stay in
* Collaboration -- comment, discuss and email.
* Full-text search
* Powerful AJAX task list interface. Create, estimate, decompose,
edit, complete, reorder and filter tasks on a single page. Edit
task description, status, owner and estimate with 1 click. Bottom
line -- you can enter and keep track of a full project plan with
fewer actions than in Excel.
* Keyboard shortcuts -- if it's in Acunote, it either already has a
shortcut or soon will. Vi/Emacs/Gmail users should feel right at
* Free and non-crippled for groups of 5 people and under.
* Paid plans run $7-10/user per month.
* Always free for open source, non-profits and academia. We are
proud to offer Acunote for Google Summer of Code.
* We are looking for an Agile Evangelist. This person will be an
advocate of Agile community in our company, and be an advocate of
our company in Agile community. A multi-functional role combining
product management, marketing, coaching, PR and business
development. Ideally located in Silicon Valley.
* We are aggressively growing our development team in Ukraine. If
you are a star developer, designer or QA, give us a shout.
* More info
* http://acunote.com/promo/screencast -- screencast by our lead developer
* http://blog.acunote.com/ -- product blog
* http://blog.pluron.com/ -- Nimble Method (company blog)