Re: Need recommendation for Freeware Agile Testing Tools

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27 11:32 PM
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Thurn, Michelle CWT-MSP" <mthurn@...>
      wrote:

      > The reason for a potentially non functional UI are new pieces of
      > functionality that include multiple layers of different domains. Many
      > times the UI is the last piece that 'gets hooked up'. The biggest reason

      You didn't mention whether the UI of your Java application is some kind of web browser or
      a Java desktop application using AWT or Swing. In either case, I've written about some
      specific free tools at the bottom of this article:

      http://danube.com/blog/michaeljames/junit_is_not_just_for_unit_testing_anymore

      > of all is to enable QA to get involved in testing development's code
      > earlier on in the Sprint cycle.

      This is a good start.

      I'm disappointed no one has suggested:
      1) Getting past the bogus dichotomy between "system tests" (or "functional tests") and
      "unit tests." Unfortunately existing tools, roles, and legacy habits tend to reenforce this
      paradigm.

      2) Pairing "QA" (or your Scrum team member who previously developed background and
      skills in testing) with "development" (the Scrum team members who previously developed
      skills with coding) while writing these tests. Why are we so afraid of working together?

      --mj