Chickens and Pigs - and cultural sesitivity

  • mvarobert1
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 11, 2007
      We have a team member who is Muslim and objects to the notion that he
      is a "pig". Is there a commonly accepted alternative to "chickens and
      pigs" which is perhaps better suited to those with sensititivies?
    • Joseph Little
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 28 2:45 PM
        Well, I am not too interested in being culturally sensitive, since I
        can't fathom what that means, at least in any other than a very
        specific context.

        But...I do wish to echo Stephen's cry (below) that we are NOT
        "resources". Which is to say, we are not boxes, we are not machines.
        And, while we may have been created equal in terms of rights, every
        single one of us is unique and very unequal in another sense.

        And that uniqueness is just as true for Business people as for Tech
        people.

        And it is because of that uniqueness, and the value that it brings,
        that every project must be adaptive to the unique needs and abilities
        of each person, and the unique needs and abilities of that team (more
        than the sum of the individuals, we hope).

        Regards, Joe

        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Bobick"