Re: Scrum friendly contracts

  • John Rusk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
      Dave,

      I'm afraid I can't provide any text from real contracts in this forum
      (which I think is wah Srinivas was asking for), however some agile
      contract options require only minor adjustments to traditional
      contracts (e.g. a start-up phase may have a contract similar to a
      traditional fixed-price one; a fliexibe-scope contract may be similar
      to a traditional T&M one).

      Target cost contracts are a bit more tricky. I'm hoping to blog
      about them later this year.

      John

      http://www.agilekiwi.com

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Nicolette"
      <dnicolet@...> wrote:

      > Srinivas,
      >
      > John Rusk is an agile consultant in NZ who has experience crafting
      > contracts for fixed-bid and other types of agile work. You might
      want
      > to ask him about this. His website is at http://www.agilekiwi.com/.
      >
      > Dave
    • Angela Martin
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
        Hi,

        Bruce Eckfeldt wrote a great experience report on target cost contracts for Agile 2005 - http://cyrusinnovation.com/website/cyrus_informs.php which may help.  I am sure he would be happy to provide more detail off-line if that would be useful.

        Cheers,
        Angela

        --
        Angela Martin
        Aha! Facilitator

        Martin IT Consulting
        p : +44 7717 653 971
        e : angela@...
        w : http://www.martinitconsulting.com
      • srinivas chillara
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2007
          > I'm afraid I can't provide any text from real
          > contracts in this forum
          > (which I think is wah Srinivas was asking for),

          Well, optimistaclly yes, but I am happy just to have
          ideas.
          And your earlier reply is very useful, as has Angela
          Martin's post/reference. When you say that it is
          similar, I was happy jsut to know the difeerences.

          I was wondering how the contract can distribute risk
          to both parties fairly. Also how much role trust can
          play in this.