Re: Who is John Scumniotales? - Researching the History of Scrum

  • Jeff Sutherland
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
      John worked for me at Easel Corporation and was recruited to lead the
      team which became the first Scrum. After a few months with the team,
      John was appointed the first ScrumMaster in 1993. In 1995, I
      introduced Ken Schwaber to John's team after which Ken wrote the first
      Scrum paper for OOPSLA'95. The rest is history.

      There is a brief description of some of this in a book that will
      published sometime soon called "The Scrum Papers." Send me email if
      you want a copy.

      Jeff Sutherland

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@...> wrote:

      > Hello.
      >
      > I am trying to assemble a fairly complete timeline on Scrum and its
      > History for one of your company internal courses. I read up on most of
      > the literature out there, in some articles (like on CMC's website)
      > John Scumniotales is mentioned as one of the co-creators of Scrum. Is
      > that correct? Is there any kind of document I can read to better
      > understand his involvement?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > --
      > Sent from gmail so do not trust this communication.
      > Do not send me sensitive information here, ask for my none-gmail
      accounts.

      > "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both
      > benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

    • Narasimhan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
        I would like to have a copy of the same too..Thx.

        Narasimhan

        Jeff Sutherland wrote:

        John worked for me at Easel Corporation and was recruited to lead the
        team which became the first Scrum. After a few months with the team,
        John was appointed the first ScrumMaster in 1993. In 1995, I
        introduced Ken Schwaber to John's team after which Ken wrote the first
        Scrum paper for OOPSLA'95. The rest is history.

        There is a brief description of some of this in a book that will
        published sometime soon called "The Scrum Papers." Send me email if
        you want a copy.

        Jeff Sutherland

        --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, "David H." <dmalloc@... > wrote:

        > Hello.
        >
        > I am trying to assemble a fairly complete timeline on Scrum and its
        > History for one of your company internal courses. I read up on most of
        > the literature out there, in some articles (like on CMC's website)
        > John Scumniotales is mentioned as one of the co-creators of Scrum. Is
        > that correct? Is there any kind of document I can read to better
        > understand his involvement?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > --
        > Sent from gmail so do not trust this communication.
        > Do not send me sensitive information here, ask for my none-gmail
        accounts.

        > "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both
        > benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

      • Heitor Roriz Filho
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007

          John Scrum-niotales

          :o)

          Enviada em: domingo, 3 de junho de 2007 23:34
          Para: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          Assunto: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Who is John Scumniotales? - Researching the History of Scrum

          Jeff Sutherland wrote:

          John worked for me at Easel Corporation and was recruited to lead the
          team which became the first Scrum. After a few months with the team,
          John was appointed the first ScrumMaster in 1993. In 1995, I
          introduced Ken Schwaber to John's team after which Ken wrote the first
          Scrum paper for OOPSLA'95. The rest is history.

          There is a brief description of some of this in a book that will
          published sometime soon called "The Scrum Papers." Send me email if
          you want a copy.

          Jeff Sutherland

          --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, "David H." <dmalloc@... > wrote:

          > Hello.
          >
          > I am trying to assemble a fairly complete timeline on Scrum and its
          > History for one of your company internal courses. I read up on most of
          > the literature out there, in some articles (like on CMC's website)
          > John Scumniotales is mentioned as one of the co-creators of Scrum. Is
          > that correct? Is there any kind of document I can read to better
          > understand his involvement?
          >
          > Thank you
          >
          > --
          > Sent from gmail so do not trust this communication.
          > Do not send me sensitive information here, ask for my none-gmail
          accounts.

          > "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both
          > benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

          Esta mensagem, incluindo os seus anexos, contem informacoes confidenciais destinadas a individuo e proposito especificos, e e protegida por lei. Caso voce nao seja o citado individuo, deve apaga-la imediatamente. E terminantemente proibida a utilizacao, acesso, copia ou divulgacao nao autorizada das informacoes presentes neste email.  As informacoes contidas nesta mensagem e em seus anexos sao de responsabilidade de seu autor, nao representando ideias, opinioes, pensamentos ou qualquer forma de posicionamento por parte da Fundacao Desembargador Paulo Feitoza.

          The information contained in this communication is confidential, is law protected, and is intended only for the business use of the addressee. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it. It's forbidden the unauthorized use, access, copy or disclose of the information contained in this communication.  The content of this message is responsibility of the author, and does not represent ideas, opinions, thoughts or any kind of statement of Fundacao Desembargador Paulo Feitoza.