Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Impact of Technology and Tools on agility

  • Nicholas Cancelliere
    Message 1 of 10 , May 30, 2007

      Well the .NET team is made up of mostly Java guys - who are doing .NET because it's what the company uses.  So I guess they're bringing over the practices.  They used .NET ports of Java tools (like nant) to do a lot of their work.  They also had error coverage reports using some other tool (name escapes me at the moment).  The CF team though had no tests, test coverage reports, or anything.  Their testing was basically a QA guy who wrote a handfull of Watir scripts and tested most everything else by hand (manually using the browser).

      So yes - that's pretty much what I had thought too -- it really boils down to the people and their backgrounds.  CF people tend to "find" their way to programming from some hobby site they built at first.  Java developers are a different breed.

      Nicholas

      On May 30, 2007, at 10:45 AM, woynam wrote:

      I'm surprised to hear that the .Net teams are doing so well. My early
      experience was that the .Netters primarily came out of the VB world,
      and would lean on the MS tools to lead them along, without really
      understanding OO principles and practices. Perhaps you're seeing what
      I'm beginning to see. Many Java programmers are beginning to make the
      transition to .Net, and they're taking some of the practices with
      them. (Yes, I understand that MS has *fully* embraced agile, so I
      don't want to start a flame war. :-)