Re: [scrumdevelopment] "Dysfunctions of team" and material about "team building"

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2007
      Max Pendyshchuk wrote:
      > Here I want to
      > ask whether anybody read "...Dysfunctions of team..." by the same
      > author ("Five Disfunctions of team", "Overcoming Disfunctions of team"
      > etc. - and by the way, is here big differences between those books or
      > it is some kind of "next edition").

      Read both books, and they are both quite good. They actually go hand in
      hand: the former presents a model to understand the typical dysfunctions
      of a team, mostly in the form of a business novel. The latter builds on
      that model to present ways to overcome those dysfunctions.

      I actually liked the "overcoming" book more, but you need to read the
      other first to be able to understand it, I guess.

      > Maybe you can advice something interesting about "team" ("Peopleware"
      > by Tom DeMarco I have read).

      I just ordered "Leading Self-Directed Work Groups" after taking a look
      into a copy of a friend. Might be interesting to you, too.

      Cheers, Ilja