Re: QA Manager's role

  • kswaters1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2007
      Hi Chris

      I wrote a blog post a little while ago about the role of testers in
      Scrum, or agile development generally:

      http://kw-agiledevelopment.blogspot.com/2007/03/developers-cant-test-
      for-toffee.html

      My observation is that it is common not to have enough testers to
      fully support the notion of testing throughout the lifecycle, and many
      companies will struggle to get the budget to increase testers as part
      of their implementation of agile. Particularly as I'm implying here
      that agile is more expensive than traditional methods, particularly on
      testing, which could be a barrier to selling agile in your
      organisation.

      Equally you may not yet be in a position to implement comprehensive
      automated unit testing, and even if you are it doesn't necessarily
      exist on a whole bunch of legacy software.

      As a consequence, I believe that everyone in the product team has to
      be willing to test, and the tester's role shifts more to one of the QA
      champion for the team, with some special responsibilities, rather than
      the person who does all the testing.

      Kelly Waters
      http://www.allaboutagile.com