Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Language

  • Tobias Mayer
    Message 1 of 84 , May 23, 2007
      Hi Jay,

      Actually no. More and more frequently what we are 'countering' turns out to be bad implementations of Scrum/XP/Agile.  You can, I suppose, go in and say "okay guys, let's do Agile properly now", but you would not be naming "what we are advocating to distinguish it from what we are countering" .  Inded, you would be giving it the same name as that which you are countering.

      It may be simpler to just say "let's build good software".  You know, simple, down-to-earth language ;-)

      Tobias

      jay_conne <jay@...> wrote:
      Hi Tobias,

      I hope you agree that your immediate response is a bad idea.

      We do need to name what we are advocating to distinguish it from what
      we are countering. All the marketing success of Scrum and Agile make
      the case. Now we just need to keep our meaning clear and not let the
      typical sloppy thinking muddy the water. Just down-to-earth, simple
      language to keep it easy to learn and remember.

      Jay

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Mayer
      wrote:

      > Mark,
      > my immediate response to this post is this: let's stop calling it
      Agile then and just call it software development. That should
      simplify things. Some companies and some teams will be good at
      software development, and some will suck. In all cases there will be
      room for improvement.
      > Tobias
      >
      > woynam wrote: --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com,
      Tobias Mayer
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > I'm getting a little freaked out by some of the responses to an
      > off-the-cuff remark about using terms that fit the context. It is
      > disconcerting.
      >
      > OK, take a deep breath. Now, exhale, slowly.... :-)

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: