Scrum templates

  • Monique Charland
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2007

      Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2) Product Backlog?  I’m just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot find such templates anywhere.  Thanks.

      Monique Charland

      mcharlan@...

    • André Luiz Ribeiro Simões
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2007
        I'm starting to using Scrum at college and I use the files on the group and this site for reference:

        http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/scrum.

        --
        André Luiz » http://alsimoes.blogspot.com

        Interessado em aprender mais sobre o Ubuntu em português?
        http://wiki.ubuntubrasil.org/ComeceAqui

        2007/5/13, Monique Charland <mcharlan@...>:

        Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2) Product Backlog?  I'm just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot find such templates anywhere.  Thanks.

        Monique Charland

        mcharlan@...

        --
        André Luiz » http://alsimoes.blogspot.com

        Interessado em aprender mais sobre o Ubuntu em português?
        http://wiki.ubuntubrasil.org/ComeceAqui
      • Mike Dwyer
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2007

          Monique

          Scrum is and will always be about common sense.  A template is something that you and your team should build to fit the environment you are in.  Spreadsheets, Databases, Cards on the wall, whatever it takes to get you, your team, and the product owners to move to the sprint, the burn down and to DONE is what it is about,   Not templates that don’t fit where you are.

          Michael F. Dwyer

          "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a solution may emerge."

          Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2) Product Backlog?  I’m just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot find such templates anywhere.  Thanks.

          Monique Charland

          mcharlan@pacbell. net

        • Basharat Wani
          Message 4 of 8 , May 14, 2007
            Hey Monique

            Send me email on my basharatw@... account, I may be able to help you,..

            Basharat

            Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2) Product Backlog?  I’m just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot find such templates anywhere.  Thanks.

            Monique Charland

            mcharlan@pacbell. net

          • dnicolet99
            Message 5 of 8 , May 14, 2007
              --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Monique Charland"
              <mcharlan@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2) Product
              > Backlog? I'm just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot find
              > such templates anywhere. Thanks.
              >

              > Monique Charland
              > mcharlan@...

              Most of the answers you've received are really good. It occurs to me
              you might be asking for "examples" rather than "templates."

              Mike's reply, that you have to come up with something that works for
              your team in your environment, is right on target. But it's still true
              that beginners can benefit from seeing examples of what other teams
              have used. You need some idea of how to get started, after all.

              I'm a little confused about why you can't find any examples or
              templates or whatever. Maybe things have changed since I took the CSM
              course, but when I took it we received a spreadsheet with some useful
              backlog management stuff in it. I found it a reasonable example to get
              started. Did you not receive something like that?

              Also, there are several books on the market that contain examples,
              such as Agile Project Management with Scrum by Ken Schwaber. It
              contains examples and explanations.

              There is also information available online. I just Googled "scrum
              product backlog" and got 57,000 hits. The top hit was
              http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/product_backlog which includes a
              sample product backlog on the first page.

              I hope this helps.

              Dave
            • michael_leeds
              Message 6 of 8 , May 14, 2007
                You can get a free "Community Edition" tool @
                http://www.versionone.com/communityedition.asp

                The tool allows for creating templates based on your needs - and has
                an electronic taskboard

                --michael

                [Full disclosure - I am an employee of VersionOne]

                <mcharlan@...> wrote:

                > Does anyone have any templates for (1) Sprint Backlog and (2)
                Product
                > Backlog? I'm just starting a new job as a Scrummaster and I cannot
                find
                > such templates anywhere. Thanks.
                >

                > Monique Charland
                > mcharlan@...

              • DoctorArtem
                Message 7 of 8 , May 14, 2007
                  --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "dnicolet99" <dnicolet@...>
                  wrote:
                  > There is also information available online. I just Googled "scrum
                  > product backlog" and got 57,000 hits. The top hit was
                  > http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/product_backlog which includes a
                  > sample product backlog on the first page.

                  Or you can Google for "scrum product backlog examples", there are even
                  some excel files available on the web
                • Zak Jacobson
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 14, 2007
                    This might help too: <http://www.infoq.com/resource/minibooks/scrum-checklists/en/pdf/scrum-checklists.pdf>
                    It might require setting up an InfoQ account.