[tools] ScrumWiki

  • mintywalker
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
      There's been a few posts about Scrum tools recently, here and on the
      scrumalliance group.

      For my sins I'm a big fan of Wiki's, and I wanted to try and make one
      a little more Scrum friendly.

      http://scrumwiki.org/

      It's very early days, but if it hasn't already broken, you can see it
      in action on the site above. Be gentle!

      It doesn't have anything like the sort of advanced functionality some
      people were talking about. Not yet at any rate. It's not trying to
      be a replacement for Excel, so I suspect it won't appeal to many here.

      Anyway, if you're feeling brave, you are welcome to give it a spin,
      for free!
    • Stephen Haberman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
        Nice.

        We used a wiki to track our backlogs (didn't have the Excel plugin)
        and were wanting a more formal way of formating and tracking the
        data rather than free form wiki content (which got messy) and this
        certainly looks like a good solution.

        Seems to be the right balance of simplicity and utility. I haven't
        poked around at the Perl code yet to really see how simple it was to
        implement, but will look forward to doing so later.

        Also kudos on reusing an existing wiki and writing a plugin instead
        of building yet another wiki. :-)

        - Stephen
      • Mike Cohn
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
          This looks like a really good start. I like having the built-in burndown
          charts. I can using this.

          -mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
            Message

            I took a brief look -- very cool!

            My only comment is:

                typically product backlog is made of stories, and
                then stories are allocated to Sprints and broken down into tasks.

            I might be missing something but I did not see the stories and tasks.

            I only saw the task level.  This may work too, but it is much nicer to have
            "business level" things i.e. things that a Product Owner can identified with,
            at the story level,

            Perhaps this can be an enhancement?

            I loved the burneddown charts, btw!

            - Mike