BayAPLN May 8th Meeting - The Secrets of Initiative

  • drc@outformations.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007

      Please join the Bay Area Agile Project Leadership Network for a provocative evening with
      David Schmaltz and Amy Schwab
      The Secret of Initiative:  Working the System So the System Can Work

      Tuesday May 8, 6:30 - 9:30 PM,
      1 Market Street
      San Francisco.
      Register by Monday 8 a.m. at RSVP@...

      The key to breakthrough innovation inside organizations isn’t found in managed operations or in chartered project work. This key to success is found under the radar - in initiatives.  Initiative is the seed of all real innovation yet this fundamental fact remains unrecognized and under-appreciated. Even worse, it suffers from a myth:  only powerful people can successfully work a system so that system can work.
      David Schmaltz and Amy Schwab will share with you The Secret of Initiative in a provocative and interactive evening session.  Join them while they consider:
      • How breakthrough results really get accomplished inside organizations
      • How initiative is necessarily different from regular operations and formal projects
      • Why effective collaboration and innovation depend upon initiative
      • How you can use initiative to infect even a well inoculated system
      • What you need to know in order to harness the power of initiative in your organization

      “Learning to use whatever is at hand to get things done is absolutely critical inside organizations today.” says Chuck Kolstad, Director of Worldwide Manufacturing Quality at Cisco Systems, “Too many great ideas die on the vine waiting for permission or for someone to formally assign resources.” “I searched for a class that would teach me this secret but, like many others, I had to learn through hard experience.” adds Amy Schwab. “Now we’ve synthesized these key lessons into the core principles behind this essential activity.”

      True North is a pioneer in adaptive, pragmatic approaches to projects, product development, and organizational change. To put initiative to work in your organization, contact True North at info@...

      For more information about the Bay Area APLN contact David Chilcott at 510.655.7122 or drc@....

      --David Chilcott
      drc@...
      www.outformations.com
      510.655.7122 Voice

      Keep Breathing.  Tell the Truth.  Be Fearless.  Choose Love.   Embrace the Mystery.

    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007

        The purpose of the scrumdevelopment group is to discuss how to use Scrum, not to run advertisements,

        Ken Schwaber

        Register by Monday 8 a.m. at RSVP@bayapln. org

[...]

        True North is a pioneer in adaptive, pragmatic approaches to projects, product development, and organizational change. To put initiative to work in your organization, contact True North at info@projectcommuni ty.com

        For more information about the Bay Area APLN contact David Chilcott at 510.655.7122 or drc@outformations. com.

        --David Chilcott
        drc@outformations. com